Thursday, January 14, 2010

Favorite Forgotten Films

Just wanted to give a little bit of love to movies that never got the publicity, sometimes are known as being cult films, but for some reason they simply resonate with me. Some may be your personal howlers but for me, I'm more than happy to kick back and pop in the DVD, the VCR tape or catch it on cable if I have to and simply enjoy the time for what it is....

They come in no particular order, just stream of consciousness kind stuff and I'm staying away from blockbusters, these are the films that you may have missed somewhere along the way...or they could be forgotten classics made before my generation knew how good movies even were.

1) Real Genius
2) The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
3) Big Trouble in Little China
4) Used Cars
5) The Trouble With Angels
6) Some Kind of Wonderful
7) The Devil's Brigade
8) Fierce Creatures
9) To Sir With Love
10) Allegro Non Troppo
11) Adventures in Babysitting
12) That Thing You Do!
13) Matewan
14) Finding Forrester
15) While You Were Sleeping

Oldies that still have a powerful message for me or provide a guilty pleasure

1) 12 Angry Men
2) To Kill a Mockingbird
3) Lillies of the Field
4) Blackboard Jungle
5) The Quiet Man
6) Stagecoach
7) Rio Bravo
8) Donovan's Reef
9) Seven Samurai
10) Captains Courageous
11) How Green Was My Valley
12) Casablanca

I could go into these films in greater detail and maybe I will at a later date, but I wanted to get them down here because I was in the mood to...

No comments:

Post a Comment